Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Done

I started the day, after schooling, with tatting up cat ears and sewing them to headbands. I only did two, so I might do some more today. They tend to sell in little clusters and then sit in the shop for months. I also made a few slight adjustments to the pattern and a change to how I sew them on. They still look the same though.


After those two were done I finished the last round of the Armenian lace doily. I also ordered up a frame to see if my gift idea will work out with it. So when that arrives, I get to experiment on the best way to mount them without destroying. I already have a couple of ideas and I'm hoping that the simplest one is the right one. If it works then I order more frames and a large chunk of our holiday gifts are taken care of.

I'm about halfway through the novel I'm reading now, so it will still be sometime before I have the desire to shift gears to any other big project. I do still have the knitting project though, so that should fill in for the knotting for a spell.

1 comment:

Joan in coastal MS said...

Elmer's washable school glue is a good way to mount something you might want to remove later. Water soluble and washes out completely but holds well. A cooked corn starch will also work as a glue and wash out.