Friday, August 26, 2016

One More Done

For some reason I thought I was much further from done with the doily I was working on, but I managed to finish it up yesterday. Of course the photo is manipulated again to obscure the color since it's a gift for someone who might see it online and I want to keep at least some part of it a mystery.

Once this one was done and pressed, it hadn't been yet in the photo, I went back to the shawl. I didn't make enough progress on that piece to warrant a photograph though. I'll likely grab another ball of thread and start another gift doily soon. I sure hope the intended recipients are okay with these as gifts, because I appear to be going all in on them.

In other news, some of the pre-schooling year drama has been resolved, but there are still more issues that are clearly not going to be resolved in time for Monday's first day of school. I spent much of yesterday in a state of heightened anxiety and I imagine I'll be living there for the next week or two. I'm just one of those people who likes to be prepared and get started on things early. These delays and set backs are  seriously eating at me. At least I have knots to tie to try and keep myself distracted.  I fear it's going to continue to be rough beginning.

1 comment:

Jane McLellan said...

Interesting how it looks as though there are different colours. Closer inspection shows it's just the density of the work that varies.