Monday, August 1, 2016

Almost Done

Much of the weekend was spent binging the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix with the family. I know we're late to the party, but I'm glad I watched that first episode on a whim. Anyway all that sitting got me almost to done with my purple Armenian lace piece. This picture was Friday as I was just starting the last round of pineapples. I made these ones even bigger than the previous round and there was the fear of ruffles again. Pressing after each round proved to be the way to go though. It's not flat as a board.

This is last night just before the last couple of rounds. It looks like the final size will be around 28cm or 11 inches. I had initially thought it should be about 10 inches, but it needed that pineapple round on the outside, so I'm stopping as soon as I get a nice small loop edge on it. That means it'll be done today and then I get to wonder what to do next. I really want to keep it, but I also really need to be selling things, so perhaps I'll list it in the shop anyway and if it doesn't sell after a few months, then I'll frame it. Of course I've never tried to actually sell a doily because the amount of work involved is so much more than the perceived value of a purely decorative piece of lace. Part of that is because you can get crochet doilies for a couple of bucks pretty much anywhere and most people don't know the difference. I guess I'll just think on it for a while. Then I'll have to think on what lace project to tackle next.

No comments: