Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tatting

Instead of bobbin lace, I managed to focus on a little tatting yesterday. I took my needle and thread with me to wait for the kids during their classes. I did not, however, have any plan for it. I ended up tatting around a metal ring and trying to do something just a little different with it. Usually I just do the out edging, but this time I came back and did some woven rings. I had initially intended to hang something in the middle there, but it didn't work out quite that way. No bother though, it gave me something to work at while sitting.

While I was there I got a message on etsy regarding a custom order. I couldn't finish setting it up there, so as soon as I got home I put up the listing. The customer messages later that she was having internet issues because of storms, but I was in such a tatting mood that I just went ahead and made the piece. A nice, simple, embellished piece meant to slide over a simple metal headband. Of course I shouldn't have been so quick to make it. Another message this morning regarding expensive storm damage will further delay the purchase. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad. I should have patiently waited for the purchase before working, but I wanted to be tatting. I guess I'm a little antsy with the store so slow for so long and any miniscule twinkle that might be a sale gets me excited.

Today will be another repeat of yesterday. This is the kids last day of homeschooling for the year. The College for Kids classes are on for another week though. I might take crochet with me this morning instead of tatting since I feel a bit foolish regarding the tatting right now. Maybe I'll just take both and decide what I want to do when I'm in it.

No comments: