Thursday, May 7, 2015

Distracted

Okay, so I didn't get that choker put together yesterday at all. I do have a valid excuse though. The child who was working on the other latch hook kit as a gift realized that she was not going to be able to finish it on time by herself, so I was drafted to speed it done. I spent much of the day with that canvas on my lap hooking as quickly as possible. I did mange to finish it including the sewing of the edges. Now all that needs to be done is to make them suitable for hanging.

All that latch hooking gave me zero time to work on any tatting at all, but I did squeeze in a little bobbin time. This is the second thing to come off the bobbins in a complete piece. Of course it's all twisty and unstable, but the website said it would be without the proper headside to it. The point is, I think I'm getting it. It really was the best idea to focus on one author and just work through everything that way. Things are starting to make sense and I think if I just take it one step at a time, by the end of the book, I should be able to figure things out a bit better on my own.

Aside from making the latch hooks creations into proper gifts today, I should have the time to create that choker. That is of course, unless another distraction pops up. Then it will be back to the bobbins. I got a whole batch of them winded and ready for whatever comes next.

No comments: