Friday, December 19, 2014

Wrapping

I managed to be really, really busy yesterday while flitting from task to task. We started with schooling followed by a trip to mail a package. The we came home and the kids helped me wrap presents. It was everything I could do to not re-wrap the ones the youngest child did because she was convinced that she could 'do it myself' and they was no arguing it. After that it was helping the kids iron their perler bead creations. They decided to make everyone gifts themselves with perler beads after asking their relatives what their favorite animals were. It was a really sweet gesture that I had absolutely no hand in and can take no credit for.

Once I'd met all those obligations most of the day was already gone, but I did a little tatting anyway, and knitting. Though the knitting is a bit of a sore subject. I made a colossal mistake and since it was a lace stitch pulling back the rows proved too difficult for me. I had to rip the whole thing apart and start over. I suppose it's a good thing that it was suppose to just be my fallback project, not something important with a purpose. I still have plenty of tatting left to finish as well, so I've been going back and forth between projects to maintain that 'busy' feeling.

The weekend will likely be filled with family adventuring and unfortunately cleaning. Family will be here next week, some to stay over and some just for the holiday itself. The house isn't a big mess but it could use some tidying. It will also be time to clean up the school table and put it away for vacation. So hopefully I'll be in a more optimistic mood by Monday.

No comments: