Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Threes

https://www.etsy.com/listing/64329605/tatted-lace-pendant-threes?Though it really didn't feel like it at the time, I suppose yesterday was a fairly productive day. I made up a final, and not surprisingly black version of the new pendant. I named it Threes because of the two sets of three rings it contains...I know, super clever. It's in the shop now as well as the message that I'll be sending one of these out with every order over $10 through the 25th. The only thing that doesn't count toward that is patterns since they don't get shipped.

Once that was done it was onto finishing the gift snowflakes. They all got sparkled, hung on hooks, bagged up and ready to be added to the gifts. Of course there was a lot of sitting about waiting for each side to dry, so I used that time to make a few of the pendants up just in case the free gift offer actually does encourage a few more sales.

Then I thought about riding out the rest of the day vegetating on the couch, but I was already in a bit of a production mode. I decided to go ahead and play with the motif and see if it could be made into a bracelet at least. It's usually pretty easy to take a nice round piece and link them together. The trick is that they need to be the right size to make a wearable bracelet. It seemed to work out, but I think it might be missing something. Maybe it's because I needed four of the motifs and even numbers assault my senses. Whatever the reason, I think I'm going to try to work a border of some kind around this and see if that pulls it together better. If it does, you'll see it again soon. If not, this is last you'll see of it. I'm just glad to be starting another day with a tatting plan in place. Here's hoping that this is just the beginning of a trend.

No comments: