Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pins

The school day was shorter than I thought because so many of their lessons were 'introduction to' lessons. So we finished in plenty of time to go to the Park Day. They had fun and we got to be the oldest family in the group for the first time. There were so many new families to the school this year, it was kind of weird, but I got to look all sage as they asked questions to which I most assuredly had the answers.

Since that went so swimmingly we did some shopping on the way home including some accidental Michael's Halloween shopping. They had some great pieces on sale to add to our everyday decor. By the time we got home it was only lunchtime so I was able to get to a little tatting.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/202118325/tatted-boutonniere-lapel-pin-hat-pin?I went ahead and turned the new star flower into a lapel pin, hat pin, boutonniere. I mean once you stick it on a pin, it's really whatever you want it to be. Again, it was a royal pain tatting around the pin hardware, but it turned out well. I went ahead and added a swarovski round to the center to hide the silver of the pin. The center ring is just big enough to show far too much of it.

I didn't think I'd get it listed in the shop, but there was still light and I managed to get motivated enough to do it. So the Star Flower pin is listed with your choice of colors and a coordinating bead in the center.

Today's schooling is likely to be far longer since we'll be onto the meat of the lessons. I think the kids really were ready to get started again though. Three months of nothing is quite enough for any kid, or me. So I don't know if I will get to any tatting. I haven't had any orders for days and I think my idea well is dry for the time being. I guess we'll just have to see what the day brings.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

Looks great as a pin!! :)