Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Next Up

I worked very hard on getting the blue jellyfish done yesterday, but when it was finished I simply had no motivation to do the photography needed to get it into the shop, or share it with anyone. Instead I went back to making snowflakes for my mother-in-law. You see, she has decided to prepay me for making them as Christmas gifts for her. There has been no talk of numbers here, but it occurred to me that if I would just set aside an hour or two I could get one or two done a day without cutting into my others projects time too much and that should give me a decent stockpile of them. So that's the new plan.

I should get the new jellyfish listed sometime this morning. It is slightly different that the last blue one. I figure it's only right to give each some small uniqueness given that price tag I've put on them. I mean I know that I'm mostly charging for my time and I spend a lot of it on them, but I still want to make each as special as possible.

I woke up to a mask order this morning, so that gives me my second task of the day, remaking the mask for the shop. That will be followed by the afore mentioned snowflake time and if any time remains, I think I might actually get started on the next color of jellyfish, though I haven't completely decided what that will be yet. I also had another idea for a hanging piece of art. I haven't quite worked out all the details in my head yet, but hopefully they will come to me and I can come up with another unique design soon.

No comments: