Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Busy is Better

I managed to stay a little more focused yesterday. Of course part of the reason for that was the youngest child wasn't feeling too well and so I wasn't spending as much time entertaining the kids, just the frequent, 'do you need anything?' question. She was mostly just a little feverish and tired.

I got the new bracelet listed and thought a bit about what else to do with the technique. Since I couldn't think of anything straight away, I went back to cross stitching. It's a set of four hummingbirds if you were curious. They were in a large bag of needle work kits passed on to me from a family friend who no longer does them, so I didn't buy them. That being said, I am fond of hummingbirds as are the kids, so I'm making these ones for their room.

After I finished one more bird, I went back to tatting. I figured it had been quite some time since I had some one off pieces in the shop. I started with some fairly simple ones and just tatted around some bits. I'll put them on chains today and get them listed. When I get more free time, I think I'll just try for some more one of a kind pieces. They sell slowly, but I don't have to pay attention to the patterns at all since they won't likely be replicated. I just make them up as I go.

I was granted two sales overnight, so I'm pleased to say that I will be remaking some pieces today. We also have the family dental appointments this afternoon so I'm not sure what else I'll have the time to get up to. I'm crossing my fingers that the tide is turning back to busy. I'm much better at being busy than bored.

No comments: