Monday, June 17, 2013

Boring

Well, I had a bit of a vacation this weekend. Not because we went anywhere too interesting, but because I managed to not do much worth noting. Again I didn't tat all weekend. I spent a good deal of time on Friday staring at the new design, but I just didn't feel motivated to do anything with it at the time. Maybe I was just burnt out, maybe the quietness of the shop in June is finally taking its toll on me. It's always quiet in June, but without the need to make for the shop or a customer, I lose my motivation pretty quickly. Whatever it was, it sent me in other directions.

I spent my free time over the weekend doing a little cross stitch kit I found while cleaning which I should have taken a picture of so you'd at least have something to look at, but I didn't. The rest of my time went to family activities or cleaning. We saw The Man of Steel on Saturday followed by a visit to a friends house to meet their new baby. We spent Sunday celebrating Father's day, by letting the children hang out in a pool with their cousins and eating copious amounts of food.

So here I am at the first real week of the kid's summer vacation and I haven't a clue what to do with myself. I'll have to make sure to engage the children for a while, then I'll likely stare at that last piece again hoping for some inspiration or just a sharp kick to get me moving. If that doesn't happen, I fear I will just let another day pass by full of mindless cross stitch. the reading of an overly involved sci-fi novel or worse binge watching on Netflix. I already miss being busy, so here's to a day full of unexpected things to do that I hopefully will want to do.

No comments: