Tuesday, September 11, 2012

When You Wish...

Today's post is brought to you by the, 'Be careful what you wish for', files. Let me just back up a bit though and get to that in a minute. It was a nice morning of schooling. In fact the five year old's teacher called just to talk to her and tell her what a good job she was doing with her progress. I thought that was mighty sweet. She is flying through her kindergarten math at warp speed having picked up most of it through osmosis while her sister learned it. It also helps that she still really loves learning.

When schooling was over I grabbed my white thread and went to work on the first of the white pieces in queue and spent a good few hours with it. I was so proud of myself for not stalling anymore that I decided it was time to tat up some spiders for Halloween. I got out the jewelry spiders that didn't sell last season and readied my thread for the simple ones when the order came in. It was an order for four larger pieces, one of which needed to be made and to top it off there was a note on it that requested it be shipped to arrive by a certain date. The request was within the realm of possibility, but required that I drop everything and get on the necklace straight away. Since all the pieces in the order were popular ones as well, as soon as I do get the necklace done I must begin remaking them too. I admit I was feeling pretty good about this and got right to work.

We went outside in the evening to do a little yard work. Well, the husband did a little yard work. I was there solely for consulting purposes. Anyway, while I'm out there taking a well deserved tatting break my phone makes the cha-ching noise the etsy app has for sales and it's another multi-piece order of things that will need to go right into the remake queue as well. So yesterday when I said I was hoping for orders to keep away from remaking the white pieces, I got my wish and then some. I'll be remaking all week I imagine and it's all in black thread so you'll hear no complaint. Boy I sure have a reason to stay on task this week. Get ready for the boring blog posts because they sure are coming.

2 comments:

jenilin said...

That's great cannot ask how much time do u spend in a day tatting.

jenilin said...

That's great cannot ask how much time do u spend in a day tatting.