Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kitty Cat Ears

You remember a couple of weeks ago when I was planning my future projects and I stated more than once that I really ought to work on getting more kitty ear headbands and masks made? If you do then you probably also remember how I kept stalling and getting distracted by nonsense and didn't do any of that. Well, it turns out that I really ought to have done what I told myself to do. I've sold five kitty ear headbands since August. Now, I know that doesn't sound like much, but for me, that's a frickin' best seller. Since my original headband source dried up, I've had to start ordering them online and painting them black before I can add the tatted ears. It's not a lot of extra work, but it takes some time to do and to let them dry.

So today I'm painting the rest of the headbands I have on hand to get them ready for the lace. Then I'll tat up as many ears as I can handle making and get them all sewed together once the headbands are dry. I tell you all this so I have clear instructions to myself. No matter what other nonsense I get up to today, this task must get done. I just can't keep up when I just make one at a time. I do still have a couple of other things to finish making, but given the sell rate of these, I'm making them a priority. Of course as soon as I do finish this task, they will immediately cease selling and I will be stuck with half a dozen headbands sitting about because that's just the way things seem to go down around here.

Sorry I didn't have anything too interesting happen yesterday to liven up this post. It was just a normal day of schooling and tatting. The cats weren't even terribly entertaining. Let's hope the Universe provides today or this is going to start feeling like a rut and I don't like ruts, routine sure, but not ruts.

1 comment:

Crazy Mom! said...

Try going to beauty supply shops - they usually have headbands cheaply.