Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little Busy

It was so nice to have a day with tatting tasks laid out in front of me. In fact after I wrote yesterday I even got an order for a custom pair of earrings, so I had something that actually needed to be done straight away and it was wonderful. So after schooling and a not unexpected request from my mother to run errands for her, I got some earrings made up. I should have taken pictures because they really turned out nice. They were the onion ring ones in goldenrod thread with gold beads. Not my personal color choices, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate how pretty they were. Maybe I'll make up another pair for the shop.

I spent the rest of the afternoon making up the pieces that had recently sold. That is until I got a text from the husband informing me that he was bringing by a work friend from out of town after work...15 minutes before he was leaving. So then I got to rush around like a chicken with my head chopped off cleaning up the place. No, it's not some kind of sty otherwise, but I just generally don't bother with the kids clutter, the piles of stuff on the counters or the cat's ridiculous shedding fur in our bedroom unless someone is coming by. Even then I generally have more than 20 minutes to get that all picked up and tidied. Once his friend had gone he was soundly pelted with toy balls by my minions...or children if you prefer. I'm not certain he learned his lesson though. The point is, that was the end of my productivity for the day so I still have some pieces left to make today.

I'll leave you today with a cat picture which perfectly represents the amount of help I got from the household while cleaning. Yep, that's helpful, super helpful. You see see how I get so much done now? No? Neither do I, it's a miracle that anything ever gets done, a miracle.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Oh, is this the pretty little 3-legged munchkin? Sweet photo on the lovely rug...
Fox : )

Crazy Mom! said...

Purr Purr Purr