Monday, August 20, 2012

Nose To The Grindstone

I am being such a bad production tatter. I should be glued to my seat and working non-stop, but instead I'm wandering and being indecisive about which piece to remake next. I'm even guilty of busting out my phone and playing mindless games instead of working. I'm going to go ahead and chalk the weekend production lull up to exhaustion and call it a well deserved break, but this week I'm going to have to buckle down and get some serious tatting done even if I have to pay the kids to hold me down.

This is also the first full week of schooling for the kids so I'm hoping that by the end of the week we have settled into a nice groove. The youngest is picking things up at warp speed just like her sister did at that age. The oldest is going to be slowed down considerably this year by the sheer amount of work expected of her. The good thing for me is that much of it really is just her work and that leaves me slightly less chained to her side. Of course it really is far too early to tell right now.

So to recap, I must work on much remaking with about two dozen pieces needing to be made for the shop and I must get a routine nailed down for schooling. I'll try to remember to get some nice cat pictures or something to liven up what is likely to be a week of boring updates though. I don't want anyone to suffer too much along with me. That would just be cruel.

No comments: