Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Here Comes August

Usually the end of the month is a dead zone. Yesterday however was pretty darn busy. Of course it's too early to tell whether it's a trend or a fluke, but either way I was busy yesterday. I started out the day working on my mask order, but was soon interrupted by a custom request to turn the rose motif from my rose tattoo eye patch into a pendant. So I was off to do that. When I posted this process photo on my facebook page, someone had noted that they had come up with a very similar pattern years ago too. Now, I'm pretty sure that I at least got the idea from another pattern that I must have found somewhere years ago, but for the life of my I can't find the original online anywhere. I know I'm not the only person that has probably done so either because we all seem to start the rose from the same stitch count and then they all grow organically from there into slightly different roses. Of course this design merely mimics how most people draw roses so it's probably just one of those cases where it was inevitable that many people were going to come up with the same or similar designs. It will continue to drive me insane until I solve the mystery though.

That wasn't the end of the busy day. After that it was back to the masks and once I got one more finished I got another order in the shop so I began remaking the sold piece. This repeated once more almost exactly when I finished the last piece and once more before bed so I will have some things to remake today once I finish the one mask on the schedule. That will hopefully leave me with the last mask tomorrow along with all the finishing work which means I should have this order in the mail by Friday. I'm also still patiently waiting on my beetle wing order so I can finish the replacement necklace for a lost package. I'm hoping it arrives about then so I have that project right after this one. I very much enjoy being busy. Now if we could only do something about the temperature over here because it is way too hot.

No comments: