Friday, January 28, 2011

And Gone

 I listed the new necklace right before I started schooling and by the time I checked my phone a half an hour later, it already had a home. Every time I make up a one of a kind piece and it flies out like that I start wondering if I should go ahead and source similar supplies so it can be basically recreated. Though then I feel guilty for calling the first one a 'one of a kind'. Maybe I'll just look for similar bits of filigree, but not exact and call it version two or something. I did really like the way it turned out.

The rest of the day was quite busy with orders to make. I'm not certain who turned the blinking  'Open' sign on in the shop, but it was hopping all day and mostly with pieces that needed making. Either they were listed as custom or they specifically asked for a custom color. As a result of all the extra making I needed to do, I opted to let my family see the house the way it usually is and not the way it is when I clean well. Dinner went well with the family by the way...loud, but well.

I also got the other one of a kind piece listed. It's another simple one built around a mystery stone. I haven't a clue what it is, but there are lovely black veins running through it, so I chose to do a simple black edging to match. I also picked up a bunch of these snake chains in my last supply order. I'm actually thinking about adding them to some or all of the pendant listings and raising the prices, but I haven't quite made up my mind yet. Would it be better to keep the piece under $10 with a simple ribbon or would they sell better a few dollars more with a nice chain? I might just change a few and see, or maybe list a pendant or two both ways and see which does better. Not that I have a whole lot of extra time to play with any ideas, but it's out there now.

So the weekend will belong to some remaking and if I get some extra time, some supply sourcing, changing listings for chains and maybe even some more one of a kind pieces. I know, I set the bar high, but you've got to keep swimming or you'll drown...or is that just sharks?

No comments: