Friday, June 25, 2010

Flames and Sepia

I am super exhausted this morning as yesterday ended with a large picnic thing for my husbands work and a rush home to watch the new Futurama and when I woke up it was raining. Sure that's only shocking in California when the predicted temperature for the weekend is like 102. Anyway all that is not relevant to...well anything. See I'm just so tired I'm rambling.

Moving on. I did finish up the flame mask I was working on and though you've seen it before I'm posting the picture again anyway mostly so you go and look at the name. I honestly think that I remade the thing so fast just so I could use the name. I knew what I was going to call it when I was making it up the first time, if it turned out right.

Once I was finished with that one I decided to go ahead with the brown version of one of my other masks. I haven't snapped any photos of it yet, but I should have it done and up later today. I think I'm going have this one keep it's original name, but then call it the Sepia Edition. I'm using that discontinued thread again so the edition cannot be immortal. It shouldn't be a problem though my colored masks don't sell nearly as rapidly as the black. I think though, that I might pick a few other pieces to go a Sepia Edition of. I'm not sure which yet, but I'm not in any rush.

I'm waiting for one last supply order and then I think I'm going to actually pursue the bridal giveaway idea. I might be a big old wimp, but I think the wedding pieces need to find their audience. Sure, a lot of brides have found me in the last few years, but I'm hardly the first place anyone looked, so I need to get out there a bit more if I want to let them know I'm here. I will of course let you know if I muster up enough courage to get the ball rolling something, but if you don't here anything...yeah, don't be surprised.

2 comments:

Sewicked said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see which pieces you do in sepia. I'm sure you've thought of this before, but for the photos of your work, how would it work to have 1 or 2 of the piece in a different color?

Tatfully Yours said...

Your tatting always look soooo cool!!!