Monday, January 18, 2010

A New Instructable

I know that I said this was going on a long list of tasks and would likely not be complete any time soon, but the kids were gone, it was quiet and it seemed a good time to get some pictures of the pearl technique and post some instructions. So here it is in all it's glory.


Pearl Necklace Makeover With Tatting - More DIY How To Projects


You can definitely use this technique with any other large beads, crystals, heck whatever suits your fancy. It's far too basic for me to be the first one to give it a go, so I claim no such rights to it. I imagine it can also be done with a shuttle, but I don't have a clue how you'd load such large beads onto a shuttle. Tatters of the shuttle variety, if you're so inclined to share how that would be done, I can add that to the instructions. I've got a few more surprises and announcements that might be spilling forth soon, but I don't want to get ahead of myself, so I'll just leave it at that for the day. Now go and destroy a necklace...it's fun.

4 comments:

rainbows and raindrops said...

Thanks for sharing!

Emi said...

Every time I see one of your instructables I want to scrap all my other projects and learn how to tat! Luckily I have no money to jump into a new craft right now or I would never get anything done!
Thanks for another kickass tutorial!

Krystle said...

I wouldn't attempt it on shuttle....stuff like this is why I keep tatting needles in my basket.

victats@gmail.com said...

Once again, you do things in a much, much easier way. Thanks for sharing how you made this necklace. I have lots of pearls at home.