Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm Up, so...

I wasn't going to write this morning, but I'm up early so here goes. Yesterday was my daughters birthday. All due celebration commenced. The Pokemon themed party took all of my energy, first the set up and then the inevitable cleanup. My house is currently littered with balloons and Pokemon toys, but her favorite present had to be the Enterprise toy. How elated was my husband that his daughter, through no coaxing, requested said toy. The child is on her way to future geekdom and we didn't even really try to make her one of us.

For those of you just tuning in or detail deficient, I will be attending the Maker Faire in San Mateo this coming weekend. So May 30 and 31st, I will be trying my hand at vending with the Etsy Steam Team. We will not be in the regular vending area as we exist as a supplement to the SteamPunk contingent that will be know as the Carnival Mechanique. Really, I'm going to meet all these people that I have conversed with for quite some time, but I will have my wares with me and I am forcing my family to attend as well. Though they will be mostly on their own, since I don't think they are ready to be put into slave labor just yet.

I'm certain to not shut up about this event until it is well over and done with as it is taking up more than its fair share of my brain space. I apologize for the over exposure to it, but just a week more and it'll all be over. Of course then it is on to other things. Hopefully, we will hear soon regarding our house bid and that should take over a lot of space. Then there is a family trip to the Seattle/Tacoma area which we leave for on June 9th. I'll be strangely absence during that for a whole week. It'll be nice to take load off, but I'm afraid of a little blogging/tatting withdrawal that is likely to occur.

As is often the case, the day in which I thought I had nothing to say, I write a long winded monologue. Ah, it is my way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I admire your tatted work!! I've even decided to try one of your patterns. I have a question though. After the pendant (for example) is done, do you wash it? or iron/press it? or use any other special techniques before its ready to be used? THANKS

TotusMel said...

Many people do hand wash the pieces after they are done. I, however do not. I do press them with steam after they are finished as well as after they are worn to refresh them.

Bluebird Crafts and Collectibles said...

I'm sure your upcoming event will be very successful! Your work is beautiful!

Sarah Dungan said...

All useful craft comments aside...YES Enterprise toy! ;D