Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fame

Have you ever wondered what it's like to actually be famous? I certainly have wondered, in fact it has always been a goal of mine to find some kind of fame. I got my AA in Drama and thought I'd get that fame acting, but I live in the middle of nowhere and I have no plans to move, so that's right out. As I've embraced my current identity as a Tatter, I've thought of how I can use this to garner that ever illusive fame, but never really thought I'd even get a little taste of it.

Yesterday, my family took a trip to the county fair. We love to take the kids to see all the animals, the art and the people watching is beyond good. I had noticed that they were having a tatting demonstration, so I thought I'd pop by and see who was there. I should mention that being self taught, I have never met a fellow tatter in the real world. I had a lovely conversation with the granddaughter of the tatter, Caroline Funkhouser while she was busy. I plugged etsy, left her my card, which she said she would share with her grandmother and then we moved on.

As we walked out of the building, we were called back by the granddaughter, who after showing my card to Caroline was informed that she had recognized my name and had seen my work in Belle Armoire Jewelry and she wanted to meet me. We returned to her table and I got that little taste of fame. She was obviously glad to meet me and recounted how excited she was to have seen my pieces in a magazine and so surprised to see that I was from Merced. We talked for a while and though she is not online, her granddaughter promised that she would help her get in contact with me if she wanted. Well, I left the fair with an extra spring in my step because I am now famous...at least to one nice lady.

On another subject, I managed to snag a Treasury at etsy after watching the first episode of Dr. Horrible, which you should also watch...seriously go watch it, I'll wait.

Anyway, I'm proud of my creation, so I wanted to share it. This is only the second list I'm made in recent history and I managed to fulfill my mad scientist theme almost entirely with member of the Etsy Steam Team. So go look and make a comment and feed my need for fame because I haven't had a sale in nearly a week and I need something to keep me going.

3 comments:

Artifax said...

What a fun theme for a treasury!

I saw you in the magazine too :) Your work is just fabulous!

Jrahn said...

My whole goal for after school is done is to come back to Merced and rule the county fair. The loan money I have to pay back is totally worth it I think.

Waterrose said...

Well after reading this post and seeing that treasury now I have to go see what Dr. Horrible is...never heard of it.