Friday, May 16, 2008

On The Ebb

I can feel it sliding away, the obsession phase if finally ebbing. I find that my relationship with etsy is quite cyclical. I go from completely obsessed to barely caring about anything outside my shop. When my baby was born, I had to quit cold turkey and within just the last couple of months I've been in a furious state of activity. Making pieces for the store, starting this blog, networking online and spending far too much time in the forums.

Every morning for the last week I've felt a smaller and smaller pull to go hang out online. Instead Ive been working on these tatted cuffs and I've already come up with two more designs since I finished the first pair and I'll be working on a forth, in black, today. I actually feel productive and in a cruel twist my sales are literally nonexistent. The last piece I mailed off was a Saturday Night Special Secret, which means it was free. My last sale real sale was on the 7th. The lack of sales had me down for awhile, but I figure the dry spell can't last forever and maybe I'll be able to come up with some more new designs while I wait.

Thanks also to everyone here and over at etsy for all the feedback on the lace cuffs yesterday. When I finish the black pair of cuffs that everyone seems to want, I'll be sure to post them here first.

2 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Can not wait to see the black ones.Wow

Tatyana said...

I adore your tatting art and your blog :) If you'd like you can fill out this silly little blog game when you have the chance.
---------
Hello you have been tagged blog buddy!

You know the drill, 7 obscure facts, tag 7 people.

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog